Pooler, Georgia

Horrible, horrible, and horrible!Please be aware of this insurance company scam.

Purchased Ambetter through in agent Jan 2016 in my local area. Purchased plan that did not require specialist referrals. In May of 2016 needed to see a specialist. Learned the nearest specialist was 119mi away.

Contacted Ambetter and was told they would authorize an out of network provider and expedite request because I was ill. Contacted specialist and informed me the physician I chose still does not have letter of authorization. Contacted Ambetter and was told I would need to go to my primary care physician for a referral. Contacted the doctor they chose to schedule a visits for a referral.

Doctor informed me that they have explained to Ambetter since Jan 2015 they do not or have ever accepted Ambetter. Contacted Ambetter and was giving another provider. Contacted his office and was informed he has never heard of insurance company.

I normally do not post reviews but If you read this please avoid Ambetter membership at all cost.The company starting to remind me of an upcoming "American Greed" episode

Review about: Ambetter Health Insurance.

I didn't like: Given the run around when looking for dr in network.

Had an Experience with Ambetter?

Comments

Disappointed
Savannah, Georgia, United States #1289757

I to can relate to Not Resolved.I have been given the run around for the same exact reason.

We are waiting an approval letter as well. This company is a bit rip off. I do not suggest this company to anybody. Waiting on them to approve anything will have you planning a funeral.

Please Please stay away from Ambetter insurance. They have no providers in within range (Savannah) that is willing to accept them as an insurance carrier. All providers are at least 75 to 200 miles away.

WOW!!!!!what a waste of money.

Beyond ***ed off customer
Austin, Texas, United States #1236823

I have had the exact experiences as you. All of it.